Welcome to Winfield!
We hope you will enjoy living in Winfield! The following steps will help the transition to your new home go smoothly. If you ever need any assistance, please feel free to contact us at 630-933-7100.
- To set up water and sewer service, new residents should stop in at Village Hall to complete a New Resident form, provide a copy of your Driver’s License and the applicable security deposit. The deposit will be retained by the Village to ensure prompt payment of all bills. When service to the applicant is discontinued permanently, the deposit, less any amount due the village for water and/or service, shall be refunded without interest. The deposit shall be computed as follows:
- Owner Occupied: Sixty-five dollar ($65.00) deposit with application. This deposit will be waived if the account holder registers for direct debit payment and the account remains in good standing. If, at any time, the direct debit option is discontinued by the account holder, the account holder will be required to pay the sixty-five dollar ($65.00) deposit.
- Residential Tenant Occupied: Two hundred dollar ($200.00) deposit with application and a copy of the lease. No waiver of deposit permitted.
- Business: An amount equal to three (3) months of estimated charges based upon historical usage at that location or an estimate based on comparable properties and/or water meter size.
- SBC Waste Solutions provides trash collection for the Village and program options will be explained.
- Other utilities need to be set up directly with the provider. Com Ed 800-334-7661, Nicor Gas 888-642-6748
- You will also receive a Welcome Packet containing information about DuPage County, the Chamber of Commerce, the Forest Preserve District and more.